Wednesday, May 22, 2013

How to do a key word research????

Hi my dear readers !!!Hope you all went through my previous posts and really enjoyed them, today also I'm here to share a very important part of a SEM. This blog post is continuation of my previous blog http://dinagloeye.blogspot.com because earlier we talked about Search Engine Marketing ( you can have a better idea from Wikipedia) under that we discussed about Search Engine Optimization and Paid Advertising on Search Engine/ Pay Per Click (PPC). 
Last week we mainly drew our attention to discuss about SEO therefore today I'm going to share my experience on key word research for an industry in Sri Lanka. Here we mainly talk about PPC. To promote our web site among users we want to select effective key words specially it should be relevant to the our target market. Content sites commonly charge a fixed price per click rather than use a bidding system.Websites that utilize PPC ads will display an advertisement when a key word query matches an advertiser's key word list or when a content site displays relevant content. 

I just checked if any one search "branded clothes in Sri Lanka"  in Google what would be the result, I did this search as a visitor then it showed about 32,700,000 answers within 17 seconds. I was surprised because I wanted to see ODEL Sri Lanka in that answers, no dought it became the second that means ODEL website is very optimised.




Then I have done Adword research for the "branded clothes in Sri Lanka" in Google Adword because it is most popular website for that purpose. It will easily help to users run a keyword research using Google Adword. We can just check it without any payment.

       
 First we want to visit the website (https://adwords.google.com) then sign in to the Google account and want to select Tools and Analysis. I used "Branded clothes in Sri Lanka" as my phrase and in advanced option & filters I selected Sri Lanka and English as my audience. Following are the relevant key words which I received through this research. 



Among all 800 result I selected only six as my key words.


The result showing that there are low competition for key words of branding cloths in Sri Lanka.. I think it's easy for branded clothing shops to use SEO and PPC. And now advertisers can create advertising campaign for different group. 

I have created simple advertisement for ODEL clothes as follows ;

Demo Ad
I showed you the process of creating PPC ads.There are lots of advantages of PPC ads rather than just online advertisement. They are ;
 
  • Expand our reach through the display network that means since Google is largest coverage it will help to reach viewers all over the web.
  • Because of key words  it will help to target right user in the right context.
  • With the "Placement performance report" we have visibility to find where all our ads appear. As well as we can create it according to our badget.
  • Not like other advertisement we just want to pay only for click. 

Hope you get a good idea about PPC ads. Good Luck !!!!





1 comment:

  1. Good that you found the expected company (ODEL) in the search results when you ran the search because I didn't. Even though we think some company sites should be more optimized than other companies, sometimes the reality is different. I guess it's important to have a good SEO strategy, if your company is a high performing one, without being complacent. As the name of the game now is 'search'

    To elaborate more on your third point in the advantages list I found an article in a blog called search engine roundtable:

    The new Placement Performance reports enable AdWords advertisers to view statistics such as clicks, impressions, cost, and conversion data by domain and URL source of the AdSense network. At this point, the AdSense for domains product will not show domain level detail, it will show aggregate information - Google however told me they hope to add this detail in the future.
    Now you can see which sites convert best for you on any level. Then you can use the site targeting feature to get more exposure from that site. On the other hand, you can use the site exclusion tool if certain domains or URLs are sending you poor quality traffic.

    ReplyDelete